Format: art collective + biannual print publication
Location: los angeles, california
Dates: october 2021 - present
Current Status: open
Forecast is a collective of independent artists utilizing exclusively analogue formats to coax the present into the future.
analogue is not dead.
as the world around us pushes further and further into the digital realm, Forecast finds new ways to create with our own hands and bodies using tangible materials—photography, film, writing, fine art and performance. we honor the critical thinking and production process of analogue arts and the way in which they demand physical presence; placing the creator directly in the eye of the storm.
the best work is collaborative.
Forecast publishes a biannual journal and special edition books and zines featuring only text, film photography and fine art. we also run a motion picture department called millimeter (mm) shooting films on film. we host regular group exhibitions of our collective’s work and first time solo shows for visual artists. we run analog workshops and writing residencies to stay uncomfortable and experimenting.
Farida Amar, Publisher + Creative Director
Kythe Heller, Editor-in-Chief
Lauren Lakin, Producer
Contributing Artists: Abigail Tate, Ace Ramirez, Adam Patrick Daniel Hutsell, Aditi Kumar, Andre Mershad, Anya Johnson, Aryana Polat, Ashley Guo, Autumn Palen, Bobby Krzywinski, Briana Autran, Brooke Holm, Brooke Williams, Caitrin Walsh, Camilo Caridad Pineda, Caroline Huntley Coxe, Carmella Amar, Caylin Ellowitz, Char Miller, Charissa Kroeger, Damian Gomes, Dan "Taz" Christman, Dani Burd, Daniel Alcaraz, Daniel Smith, Daron Bell, Elyse Cizek, Emily Colvin, Evren Velasquez, Foreste Jean, Genna Moroni, Gianfranco Cioffi, Gypsy Rose, Huntrezz Janos, Ines Katamso, Jack X Proctor, Jeff Mark Leavitt, Jelena Markovic, Jeremy Quant, Jessica Prasertsri, Jessica Scicchitano, Jessie Lee Thorne, Jessy Easton, Joe Davis, Jordan Thomas, Kate Schofield, Katy Gurin, Kemal Çilengir, Kevin Brendenbeck, Kin Cassini, Kio Griffith, Kirsten Pegeron, Kyla Carter, Kythe Heller, Lauren Lakin, Lawrence Lanoff, Lee Busch, Li Pallas, Liv Mai, Lorrin Brubaker, Lynsey Saunders, Mads Paige, Maranda Stelly, Marianna Varviani, Marizó Siller, Mark Morante, Mars Rackliffe, Matthew Glenn, Mayira Batista, Meka Tome, Melanie Au-Yeung, Michael Ursu, M.ouse, Nedda Afsari, Naomi Van Brundt, Nicky Loomis, Niko Sonnberger, Noah Luke, Oliver Greene-Cramer, Perry Rhodes, Pete Helvey, Prathima Muniyappa, Riley Libansky, Rodrigo Caceres, Ross Farrar, Sara D., Saira Kaur, Sam Sharman, Samantha Kelly, Sarah London, Smokey Alexander, Tajzon James, Taylor Unwin, Terry Tempest Williams, Tsering Say, Tyler Hubby, Vanessa de Horsey, Viktoria Raykova, Zed Dally
In Issue 9, Sustainability, Forecast Journal presents a unique collection of work addressing anything that withstands the test of time, remains relevant, solves problems, creates legacy, and offers a capacious way to think about the world we share with other kinds of beings.
FULL COLOR | 11×15 IN. | 125 PAGES
Published March 2022
01. The Resonance of Stone by Terry Tempest Williams
02. Space Between Space by Prathima Muniyappa
03. Ecosexuality and The Sublime by Caroline Coxe
04. As Told by Bison by Brooke Williams
05. Architects of Smoke by Char Miller
06. Trans and BIPOC Mutual Aid by Li Pallas
07. How to Die a Green Death by Caylin Ellowitz
08. Fashion for the Anthropocene by Abigail Tate & Jessica Prasertsri
09. Green Conversion by Caylin Ellowitz
10. Your Body Is Their Offering by Tsering Say
11. Walking Backwards by Kythe Heller
12. Where Many Worlds Can Fit by Rodrigo Caceres
13. Paleozoic Plate Tectonics by Katy Gurin
14. Escaping the White Cube by Jeff Mark Leavitt & Caroline Huntley Coxe
Issue 8, Contemporary Folklore, presents 14 distinct worlds drawn from oral tradition, family lore, and the imaginations of contributors. This is Forecast’s first issue of entirely fiction and poetry; as always, written pieces are accompanied by original visual art.
FULL COLOR | 11×15 IN. | 123 PAGES
Published September 2021
01. Willowview by Vanessa de Horsey
02. The Symposium of Drowning by Niko Sonnberger
03. The Carrier by Pete Helvey
04. Ereshkigal’s First Visit by Jelena Markovic
05. The Pig Kill by Nicky Loomis
06. Firebird by Kythe Heller
07. Reborn Again by Daniel Smith
08. Prepare this Place for Bed; Cul de Sac; Goodnight by Jessica Scicchitano
09. Meeting In the Mangroves by Lynsey Saunders
10. Mirror, Mirror; Tribe; Kin; Clean by Elyse Cizek
11. The Hedley Kow by Anya Johnson
12. Man With a Parrot by Nicky Loomis
13. George the Raccoon by Ross Farrar
14. Amabiko by Kio Griffith
15. The Romanian Inquisitor by m. ouse